online using a credit or debit
card. Click below to start.
a secure payment processing service.
St. Nicholas Church has many ongoing needs, and there are many ways to contribute, not only with money. But the church does have pressing material demands, and we sincerely appreciate all charitable financial donations. These gifts help to support the clergy, to defray the cost of liturgical supplies, to pay the utility bills, and to maintain and improve the church building.
In 2014, in connection with the community's 85th Anniversary, St. Nicholas Church announced a Restoration Project, which aims to repair or replace various things that have become worn with time, as well as to enhance the temple proper, especially by commissioning new sacred iconography. Progress is ongoing; following are some highlights.
- Summer 2014: The main doors were refinished.
- Fall 2014: The church interior was repainted, and the wood floor was refinished.
- Spring 2015: The church hall was repainted, with new cabinets/counters and new electrical outlets installed.
- Fall 2015: New icons of the four Evangelists were completed (photos below).
- Spring 2016: A new tile floor was installed in the church hall, and the basement steps were repaired.
- Summer 2016: Railings by the exterior steps were repainted.
- Winter 2016: The metal banners before the iconostasis were professionally cleaned & polished.
- Spring 2017: The new tile floor in the church hall was extended to the kitchen.
New iconography (photographs courtesy Eastern American Diocese):
Plans for future work include:
- installing a new tile floor in the Altar;
- cleaning & polishing various pieces of metalwork;
- restoring & protecting older icons and furnishings;
- commissioning additional new iconography; and
- improving access for people with limited mobility.
The limiting factors are largely financial, and these efforts depend on the generosity of parishioners and friends.
Please consider donating to St. Nicholas Church. Checks should be payable to:
St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church
1 Honeyspot Road
Stratford, CT 06615
Donations can also be made at the Candle Desk when you visit. The church is now accepting online gifts, too (see the "Donate" button at the top of this page). Please also consider including St. Nicholas Church in your will; there are many advantages in making the church one of your beneficiaries, and it is possible to structure the bequest so that there is little loss to the estate.
For more information, please contact Dexter Peavy, our starosta (parish council president), at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support! Спаси Господи!