On the parish's tenth anniversary (1939), the new grounds were consecrated by Archbishop Vitaly of the Eastern American diocese, and money was collected to build the present structure. In 1941, the cornerstone was laid based on plans prepared by architect Alexis E. Boldakoff (who also designed the aforementioned monastery's chapel). He imagined a church in the twelfth-century Novgorod style, topped by golden cupolas. The completed building was consecrated in November 1942 by Metropolitan Theophilus and Archbishop Vitaly.
This milestone was indeed significant. The building's historical form testified to the founders' respect for their Russian Orthodox heritage; at the same time, the construction of such a building in twentieth-century America expressed the founders' commitment to their new home, and their hopes for their children and grandchildren, as both Orthodox and Americans.
Father Stephan would remain the rector of St. Nicholas parish for thirty-eight years in all, after which he was elevated to the episcopacy as Bishop Ioasaph of Edmonton (Canada).